The Ozone Reo’s unique flying characteristics allow you to maximize the potential of every wave, giving you the freedom to smash the lip, clear a section, carve turns or snap in the pocket. This is a kite for riders with waves on their mind. The quick turning, crisp control and excellent drift performance also works excellent for freeride foilers who need a kite that will remain highly responsive in as much of the wind window as possible.
The Reo V7 features an evolved combination of design features that will help your wave riding improve. Maintaining its low aspect three-strut platform, the V7 offers super fast turning response with rapid but silky smooth movement through the window and a handling sweet spot that’s now even wider in its wind range.
The cleaner and tighter aerofoil has also improved the low end, which is now markedly better in the V7. Luffing later, you’ll enjoy even more predictability and clean feedback from the kite across a wider range of winds before the canopy is compromised.
Of course, superb drift and float overhead remain key characteristics that have also been improved.
The Reo V7 features an innovative Variable Bridle Geometry (VBG). The new bridle settings extend the kites operating range, bringing another level of versatility to this already outstanding design.
A balanced and refined feeling from the kite with good forward speed perfect for most conditions, and excelling in cross to cross-off winds.
The kite can sit further to the edge of the wind window when de-powered, drifting as you ride down the line. Setting 1 is the upper knot on the VBG Pigtails.
A new feeling and characteristics - the kite sits a little further back in the wind window and tackles onshore conditions with ease. Increased bar pressure improves feeling from the kite when a wave is pushing with the wind. If you prefer a slightly heavier feel this could be the setting for you. Setting 2 is the lower knot on the VBG Pigtails.
The Reo V7 features a new stronger and lighter strut construction. The wingtip shape has also been refined with our new tapered tip and slim line deflector. We understand the importance of aerodynamics and weight saving especially on a kite where drift is imperative, so every detail has been refined to be as light as possible while maintaining the strength and integrity you expect from an Ozone product. The new rip-stop canopy material also has an advanced ultra flex coating improving feedback in gustier conditions making for a smoother ride. The new technical rip-stop dacron is super tough, used on the Leading Edge and Struts it improves strength, durability and longevity.
An all new Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System makes set up and packing quick and easy. It features single point inflation/deflation and a high air flow rate between the Struts and Leading Edge, with clips to seal the hoses to prevent unwanted air flow in case of damage.
Ozone have maintained the quick and easy re-launch - by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines, the Reo V7 will roll over and take off from the water in an instant. This is especially helpful if you’re stuck in the impact zone and need to get out of there fast!
The Reo’s unique flying characteristics and versatile performance allow you to maximize the potential of every wave, from on-shore slop to cross-off barreling reef breaks. Fast direct handling and insane drift combined with huge de-power means you can choose exactly where you want to place yourself on a wave to make that next move - smash the lip, clear a section, carve turns or snap in the pocket.
Personal Riding Setup:
The Ozone Reo is a kite that can be trimmed to suit your personal riding style. If you like to ride unhooked a lot in the waves then Ozone suggest lengthening the back lines by sliding the foam floats up and moving the knot to extend the back lines. Like this you will not need to trim the kite with the de-power cleat so much.
If you like to ride hooked in and like the kite to feel stally and back fly, you can shorten the back lines by sliding the foam floats up and moving the knot to reduce the length of the back lines. Then by using the the de-power cleat you can fine tune it to the perfect amount for you.
If you want lighter or heavier bar pressure then use the rear tabs on the tips where the back lines attach. If you are not sure what you like leave it as standard because that is what Ozone think is perfect!
Perfect Travel Kite:
The Ozone REO is also the perfect travel kite; light in weight and packs very small due to its compact size and minimalist 3 Strut Concept. Take the 12m on holiday with your surfboard and you have the perfect travel combo that will be under any airlines weight limits! The low end grunt of the REO is truly impressive and combined with its massive depower, the wind range of the REO allows you to consider a one size quiver for most days.
For wave riding, the Ozone REO low weight is the secret that unleashes its increased performance from such a stable shape. It literally hangs in the air even in super light winds and at the edge of the wind window… it just keeps pulling. The lightness is really felt when on fast waves …when moving with a quick wave the rider can easily overtake the kite and create less tension on the lines between rider and kite. While a heavy kite loses power and dies in this situation, the REO just keeps pulling away from the rider maintaining constant tension & pressure in the lines. This allows the rider to concentrate 100% on the wave knowing that the REO is always ready, and with its progressive steering one can confidently snap turns at will up or down the line.
For intermediate riders interested in learning to ride unhooked the REO is also the kite to own. You can un-hook without stressing your head with crazy power, the REO seriously makes riding un-hooked down the wave very easy and stress free and therefore makes it easier for you to master your wave riding. This is the unhooked wave kite that will allow the rider to learn those wave slashed with ease.
The relaunch is almost automatic, just turn the bar and it’s in the air. The REO's constant power and fluid steering combined with user friendly characteristics makes the REO a dream for accelerating any learning curve. It is powerful enough to tow into the largest of waves, yet its low aspect shape will keep you on your board and not eject you when the trigger is pulled.
- Simplicity - low aspect, 3 strut model
- New high volume inflate/deflate valve for quicker setup and pack down
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- 4-Line Pulleyless System - simplicity reduces set up time and eliminates checking your lines twice. Pulley-less equals a more direct to kite feel and no parts to worry about getting jammed with sand or wearing out
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- New planform which helps relaunching and self launch
- Tip struts moved towards centre reducing sail flutter and increasing turning speed
- Light weight aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Refined tip shape for precise, intuitive handling for faster turning providing a more constant pressure throughout the Depower range.
- Multiple trimming settings for handling heavier bar pressure and slower handling and lighter bar pressure and faster handling respectively
- Increased leading edge and strut volume for better floatation, relaunch and rigidity
- New aerofoil sections designed to give more performance whilst reducing drag making the kite faster and smoother in the air
- Easy relaunch – just turn the bar
- Total Depower – From Full Power to No Power
- Predictable and easy handling
- Huge wind-range >> Low end and High end
- Points high into the wind >>
- Bar design with stainless steel insert and integrated flag out safety
- Refined control system - below the bar 100% depower safety system allows the bar to spin without twisting up your leash.
- Innovative high grade stainless Power Bracket, allowing for flawless flag-out safety system
- Stopper Ball for flag out safety system
- Exceptional build quality and attention to detail