The Ozone Catalyst V4 is the kite for anyone getting into the sport or riders looking for a fun, confidence inspiring kite with ease of use at its heart. It is derived from the very popular Alpha design with refinements to enhance durability, performance and accessibility for entry level to intermediate riders.
The Catalyst V4 is ultra stable and intuitive to launch, land and fly. The lightweight one strut design combined with an open arc shape delivers smooth power with amazing light wind capabilities getting you up riding easily.
The wide wind range and progressive de-power makes riding in variable or gusty conditions comfortable, while great upwind performance gives you more time to spend improving your skills!
After the basics have been mastered and you’re looking to expand your game, you’ll be surprised at the jumping capabilities of the Catalyst V4. Smooth lift with precise feedback makes learning your first jumps easy.
Water re-launch is simple, by turning the bar or using the re-launch balls on the leader lines the kite rolls over into the re-launch position. Our time proven Front Line Flag Out release system is simple and effective, it is the same system featured on our entire water kite range. When the Click-in Loop is released the kite flags out to one front line, immediately releasing all the power from the kite.
The Catalyst V4 features an new extensively tested triple rip-stop material combination. The new triple rip-stop canopy material is 15% stronger with reduced elongation characteristics, combined with an advanced ultra flex coating improving feedback in gustier conditions making for a smoother ride. The new technical triple rip-stop dacron is super tough, used on the Leading Edge and Struts it improves strength, durability and longevity.
An all new High volume One-Pump Valve system with almost twice the airflow capacity gets you out on the water faster and makes packing down easy.
A huge smile factor comes standard on the Catalyst V4 - it’s a fun and easy kite to ride that will make your progression in the sport fast, safe and enjoyable.
Perfect Travel Kite:
The Ozone Catalyst V4 is also is the perfect travel kite; light in weight and packs very small due to its compact size and minimalist 3 Strut Concept. Take the 12m on holiday with your surfboard and you have the perfect travel combo that will be under any airlines weight limits!
For wave riding, the Ozone Catalayst's low weight is the secret that unleashes its increased performance from such a stable shape. It literally hangs in the air even in super light winds and at the edge of the wind window… it just keeps pulling. The lightness is really felt when on fast waves …when moving with a quick wave the rider can easily overtake the kite and create less tension on the lines between rider and kite. While a heavy kite loses power and dies in this situation, the Catalyst V4 just keeps pulling away from the rider maintaining constant tension & pressure in the lines. This allows the rider to concentrate 100% on the wave knowing that the Catalyst V4 is always ready, and with its progressive steering one can confidently snap turns at will up or down the line.
The relaunch is almost automatic, just turn the bar and it’s in the air. The Catalyst's constant power and fluid steering combined with user friendly characteristics makes the Light a dream for accelerating any learning curve. It is powerful enough to tow into the largest of waves, yet its low aspect shape will keep you on your board and not eject you when the trigger is pulled.
- Simplicity - low aspect, 3 strut model
- New high volume inflate/deflate valve for quicker setup and pack down
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- 4-Line Pulleyless System - simplicity reduces set up time and eliminates checking your lines twice. Pulley-less equals a more direct to kite feel and no parts to worry about getting jammed with sand or wearing out
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- New planform which helps relaunching and self launch
- Tip struts moved towards centre reducing sail flutter and increasing turning speed
- Light weight aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Refined tip shape for precise, intuitive handling for faster turning providing a more constant pressure throughout the Depower range.
- Multiple settings for handling heavier bar pressure and slower handling and lighter bar pressure and faster handling respectively
- Increased leading edge and strut volume for better floatation, relaunch and rigidity
- New aerofoil sections designed to give more performance whilst reducing drag making the kite faster and smoother in the air
- Easy relaunch – just turn the bar
- Total Depower – From Full Power to No Power
- Predictable and easy handling
- Huge wind-range - Low end and High end
- Points high into the wind
- Bar design with stainless steel insert and integrated flag out safety
- Refined control system - below the bar 100% depower safety system allows the bar to spin without twisting up your leash.
- Innovative high grade stainless Power Bracket, allowing for flawless flag-out safety system
- Stopper Ball for flag out safety system