The Ozone Zephyr is a renowned dynamic light wind model, without doubt it was the first light wind specific kite on the market to deliver efficient performance and handling.
With an incredible wind range the Zephyr gives you the possibility to continue riding when the wind increases, this unique attribute sets it apart from competitors.
The seventh version of the Zephyr brings modifications to the profiles, increasing the canopy stability for a smoother feeling in the air. The revised sail tension calculation and a refined bridle set up improve bar feeling and operating range.
The Zephyr V7 features a new rip-stop material combination. The new rip-stop canopy material has an advanced ultra flex coating improving feedback in gustier conditions making for a smoother ride. The new technical rip-stop dacron is super tough, used on the Leading Edge and Struts it improves strength, durability and longevity.
Having the power of a 17m kite on demand with the feedback of a 13m translates to more fun in light winds. The incredibly nimble handling with a tight radius turn, ease of use and the ability to have fun in low winds characterises the Zephyr.
It is perfect for cruising, jumping, air style, honing strapless airs or learning handle passes. The boost is impressive and floaty, with instant power delivery and superior up-wind performance. Re-launch is surprisingly quick and easy considering its size, simply by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines the kite smoothly lifts off the water ready for more action.
The Zephyr V7 is the perfect accomplice for when the wind is looking light or unstable, it will get you out enjoying the conditions for any length of time whatever the style you choose to ride. Or if you mainly ride in light wind spots and are looking for an all-round one-kite quiver, this is the kite for you!
The Zephyr also has a crisp powerful feeling and a very direct positive bar feel, with instant power delivery compared to the previous model. The new plan form, profile and sail tension help control the surfaces which gives the Zephyr a more cohesive feel. All these performance enhancements make it perfect for practicing new school moves or just cruising, kite loops are made easy and the boost is impressive while floaty.
If you blow a trick and the kite ends up on the water, it still amazes a fantastic effortless water relaunch even in sub 10 knot winds! If you dial the trick on a Zephyr you’re will be away laughing once the wind picks up and you’re throwing down the same on your 10m kite.
Historically big kites don’t loop, the Zephyr though has got this sorted without the need for troublesome pulleys.
Even if you’re out there and the wind picks up, no worries, continue to load that rail and boost some air. Long live the stylish boned out snowboard grabs. Enjoy that extra loft and chuck in a vert-skating board off!
- Tight radius turn - great pop/fun
- Optimised bridle with NO pulleys for direct handling and safety
- New high volume inflate/deflate valve for quicker setup and pack down
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- Huge wind range - 6 – 20 knots
- 4-Line Pulleyless System - simplicity reduces set up time and eliminates checking your lines twice. Pulley-less equals a more direct to kite feel and no parts to worry about getting jammed with sand or wearing out
- Teijin Techno Force sail materia
- New planform which helps relaunching and self launch
- Tip struts moved towards centre reducing sail flutter and increasing turning speed
- Light weight aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Refined tip shape for precise, intuitive handling for faster turning providing a more constant pressure throughout the Depower range.
- New aerofoil sections designed to give more performance whilst reducing drag making the kite faster and smoother in the air
- Easy relaunch – just turn the bar
- Total Depower – From Full Power to No Power
- Predictable and easy handling
- Huge wind-range >> Low end and High end
- Points high into the wind >>
- Bar design with stainless steel insert and integrated flag out safety
- Refined control system - below the bar 100% depower safety system allows the bar to spin without twisting up your leash.
- Innovative high grade stainless Power Bracket, allowing for flawless flag-out safety system
- Stopper Ball for flag out safety system
- Exceptional build quality and attention to detail